- Superelastic drive wheel (SE) and increased ground clearance
- Powerful, maintenance-free 3-phase AC drive motor
The Jungheinrich EZS C40 is a versatile, economic tow tractor for pulling trailers weighing up to 4000 kg. Attaching several trailers allows the load surfaces to be infinitely variable. This contributes to flexible material turnover. With its superelastic drive wheel (SE) the EZS C40 offers optimum traction on smooth floors as well as slightly uneven ground, such as when operating outdoors. At the same time the solid tyre absorbs minor impacts, e.g. from bumpy ground and dock levellers.
With its increased ground clearance, the truck is ideally suited for travelling on uneven surfaces, even outdoors. The coupling is clearly visible from any position and is also easily accessible. This saves both time and costs.
The tow tractor can be equipped with a wide range of couplings, making it adaptable to practically any type of trailer.
The 24-V drive motor with its 3-phase AC technology ensures high performance. The advantages are powerful acceleration and high top speed, with significant energy savings, extended operating times and low maintenance. This is due to the improved efficiency, the optimised co-ordination between the drive motor and controller as well as regenerative braking.
High productivity features include the low stand-on platform and the short distance from the operator position to the load. The EZS works well in tight areas. Its turning radius is so small that the operator will feel that they are turning on the spot. The jetPILOT steering wheel, supportive backrest and curveCONTROL automatic speed reduction, all provide comfortable operation when cornering.
Innovative 3-phase AC technology
- High efficiency levels with excellent energy management.
- Powerful acceleration.
- Rapid direction change.
- Maintenance-free drive motor with no carbon brushes.
- 2-year warranty on the drive motor.
Comfortable and safe operation
- The speed set by the travel switch is maintained under all travel conditions including gradients / descents.
- 3 adjustable travel programs for individual adjustment to any requirements.
- Regenerative braking with energy recovery when slowing down.
- Safe cornering: The operator has the truck under control at all times.
- Low operator platform for frequent and effortless entry and exit.
- Short distances for the operator from the cab to reach the coupling and load.
- The coupling is clearly visible from any position and is also easily accessible.
- Rapid and easy hitching/unhitching of the trailers through semi-automatic remote coupling unlocking (optional) from the operator position.
- jetPILOT electric steering wheel.
- Range of coupling systems for various trailer types.
- All wheels are superelastic (including drive wheel) to ensure maximum comfort.
Rugged construction for the toughest applications
- Frame made from high-grade, 8-mm steel plate.
- Extra-high frame apron on front cover.
- SE tyres – including on the drive wheel – to protect operator and tow tractor.
- High ground clearance.
Long operating times available with lead-acid battery
- Standard version: 3 PzS 465 Ah.
- Optional battery capacity: 620 Ah.
Fully informed at all times
- CanDis (optional) provides information on the battery discharge status, number of operating hours and error codes.
- Activation of truck via PIN and selection of 3 travel programs via keypad (optional).
- Adjustable travel parameters via CanDis and CanCode (optional).
- Non-marking superelastic tyres.
- Rear inching, via buttons in the backrest on both sides.
- Remote coupling release.
- Extra steel or rubber bumper.
- Holder for radio data components.
- Folding operator seat for relaxed travel.
- High degree of availability thanks to extremely short charging times.
- No battery exchange required.
- Cost savings due to longer service life and low maintenance compared with lead-acid batteries.
- No charging rooms and ventilation required as there is no build up of gas.
- Longer service life with 5-year Jungheinrich guarantee.