- Collision-free work
- Flexible handling of different pallet types
- Optimum space utilisation
- Can be used with virtually any Jungheinrich fork lift truck
Under Pallet Carrier UPC
Our Compact Storage System with UPC (Under Pallet Carrier) – consisting of carrier, carrier truck and channel racking – facilitates optimum utilisation of storage space. UPC racking provides sufficient height and width for several pallet channels. The low height utilisation per channel level also allows effective use of the available storage height. Any Jungheinrich fork lift truck with sufficient residual capacity can be used as a carrier truck.
The UPC is particularly effective during repeated stacking and retrieval in the same pallet channel or when buffering a large quantity of the same pallets. The UPC is put on the forks of the carrier truck and used in the pallet channel. There it travels independently under the stored pallets without being connected to the carrier truck.
After putting down the first pallet on the UPC rail in the racking channel and pressing the start button on the operating terminal, the controller carries out all necessary travel and lift movements independently. Sensors recognise the position of stored pallets. There is therefore no danger of collision when stacking and retrieving new pallets.
The operator can pick up another pallet while the carrier is travelling, place it at the start of the channel, start the next stacking operation and begin a new work cycle. The retrieval is carried out accordingly.
The operating terminal and controller communicate via bi-directional radio link run on the registration-free ISM band (433 MHz).
Flexibility by handling different pallet types
- Euro pallets.
- Industrial pallets.
- Euro and industrial pallets in the same racking system: Kombi carriers with sensors for recognising pallet size.
- Chemical pallets.
- Other variants available on request.
- Stacking and retrieval based on LIFO (Last in, first out) and FIFO (First in, first out) is made easy.
- When the channel is to be emptied completely, e.g. for a delivery order, the UPC automatically takes each pallet in the channel to the retrieval side from where it is removed by a fork lift truck and taken to Goods Outward.
- This feature is also available if only a certain number of pallets are to be retrieved.
- Compression: If there is no storage or retrieval taking place (e.g. at end of shift), all pallets can automatically be brought to the retrieval side.
UPC compact storage system in cold store
User-friendly hand-held radio terminal
- Ergonomic mounting within the operator’s field of vision.
- Simple to operate with a clear information display.
- Clearly arranged function keys.
- Numerous diagnostic functions for Jungheinrich Service.
- Can also be used for mobile applications.
- Alternatively, when a WMS is already in place: Virtual operation on the touchscreen of a radio data terminal, presentation and function as in reality and consequently, increased operating ergonomics.
Larger racking systems with several carriers
Under Pallet Carrier System UPC with personal protection system (PPS)
- An alarm sounds, optionally the UPC carrier (PPS) comes to a halt.
- Only authorised trucks which are automatically recognised can operate in the rack channels.
- Comprehensive protection with movement of the UPC carrier, pallet and load, corresponds to one of the measures for reducing risks, as suggested by the German Employers' Liability Insurance Association (BGHW).
Easy battery exchange for two and three-shift operation
- A separate battery charger for the carrier ensures easy charging at any 230-V mains socket. Depending on the intensity of use, the carrier can be used for 8 to 10 hours with a fully charged battery set.
- An additional second battery set – in combination with the optional battery charging station – significantly increases the operating time in two and three-shift operations. The battery can be exchanged in seconds thanks to the battery container.