- Automatic, reliable and safe
- Optimised transport routes
- Utilisation of existing routes
- Short payback period
- Flexibility thanks to adjustable forks
The EKS 215a is an automated guided vehicle system based on our vertical order pickers. It thus combines tried-and-tested mechanical engineering with innovative automation, including accurate navigation technology and safety components. This ensures maximum levels of reliability and safety.
The EKS 215a can be used in mixed operations mode with manual trucks and pedestrians. Whether to be integrated into existing factory structures or a new build – the EKS 215a is the perfect choice for increasing the efficiency of your transport processes. The adjustable forks mean that the EKS 215a is also ideally equipped for the transport of special load carriers and closed pallets.
The Jungheinrich AGV is navigated by means of laser navigation. No floor work is required. For the laser navigation, reflectors are attached to suitable objects along the travel route such as racking, columns and walls or natural landmarks.
The AGV can easily be integrated into the existing IT and software landscape. Our award-winning Jungheinrich Logistics Interface facilitates a smooth connection to any host system, such as the Jungheinrich WMS or other available WMS/ERP systems. However, the AGV can also be used as a stand-alone system, i.e. as an autonomous system without a host connection.
The modular system structure makes it possible to represent individual customer processes as well as reacting flexibly and quickly to process changes. This creates a solid basis for the use of the AGV system according to your specific requirements.
In addition to reliability and efficiency, the EKS 215a also possesses other advantages of the basic truck:
- 48 V three-phase technology for long periods of use without the need to charge the battery.
- Active energy and battery management.
- Energy recovery during lowering and braking.
- Wear-free inversion brake.
- TÜV-certified control system (CAN bus).
Easy integration into existing systems
Use of the existing WLAN structure is preferable for the communication of the EKS 215a. If an existing host system, such as the Jungheinrich WMS or another WMS/ERP system, is to be used, the AGV can be connected to this system via the Logistics Interface.
Everything at a glance – with the AGV control panel
- Quick overview of the status of the AGV system.
- Prioritised orders can be entered and processed in the corresponding order.
- Depending on the project-specific requirements, individual customer functions can be specially implemented and activated for the respective system.
If necessary, different navigation types can be used as hybrid navigation for the EKS 215a, as with the other AGV models. These are designed and specified according to project and environment.
Numerous additional system enhancements
Additional optional equipment components are available for the EKS 215a on a project-specific basis:
- Floor spot.
- Barcode scanner.
- Obstacle detection scanner.
- Sensors for detecting faulty pallets.
- High degree of availability thanks to extremely short charging times.
- No battery exchange required.
- Cost savings due to longer service life and low maintenance compared with lead-acid batteries.
- No charging rooms and ventilation required as there is no build up of gas.
- Longer service life with 5-year Jungheinrich guarantee.