Operating a forklift truck requires specialised training from fully qualified instructors. This can help reduce the likelihood of accidents and improve the safety of both operators and pedestrians within your workplace.
Why use Jungheinrich forklift licence training solutions?
Jungheinrich offer a complete training solution for all categories of forklift and materials handling equipment, with five dedicated training centers across the UK and over 65 accredited instructors.
The material handing training courses we offer meet all industry best practice guidlines, working alongside leading associations and accrediting bodies to ensure we deliver the highest standard of training for every course.
We ensuring that all our customers receive the best value and quality of training at a competitive price.
Forklift training courses
Our complete package of training courses can be fully, or part, managed by our dedicated training team. This ensures that making a booking and fulfilling your training requirements is quick and simple. Detailed reports and cost analysis can be made available for all training provide.
Please see below our training packages.
Forklift operator training
Our instructors provide training on all types of Fork Lift and Pedestrian trucks.
Please see below for the course details on offer:
Counterbalance forklift training
Reach truck training
Pedestrian pallet truck training
Rider pallet truck training
Pedestrian stacker forklift training
VNA man up forklift training
VNA man down forklift training
Medium and high level order picker training
Forklift Instructor training
Jungheinrich can provide the relevant forklift training to enable you to have a designated member of your own team with the qualifications to train your staff on your site. You can choose if you want your own trainer accredited depending on the course length:
- 10 day Accredited Instructor
- 5 day Re-registration
- 5 day In-house Instructor (Non accredited)
- Instructor training material
Candidates should ideally have industrial experience of operating all types of lift trucks and have passed the relevant operator standard test.
Delegates must be able to produce their respective lift truck operator’s certificate (dated within 6 months prior to the start of the course) to the training centre on arrival.
- Current Legislation - (HASAWA 1974 / PUWER 1998 / LOLER 1998 / ACOP L117)
- Operator safety code
- Basic Operating Skills Test to Instructor Standard
- Instructional Techniques
- The Role of the Instructor
- Simple Job Analysis
- Principles of Instruction
- Preparation of a Syllabus
- Skills Assessment
- Classroom Lesson
- Questions and Answers
- Practical Lessons
- Report Writing
- Theoretical Assessment
- Practical Assessment
On the completion of the training candidates will be able to:
- Operate a lift truck to the standard required for lift truck instructors.
- Structure training material into a logical sequence for developing knowledge and skills.
- Adopt an effective style for teaching skills appropriate to the type of truck involved.
- Adopt an objective and critical approach towards the effectiveness of the instruction.
- Present the appropriate method of assessment to confirm candidate’s competence.
- Assess candidate’s basic operating skills and knowledge in accordance with requirements.
Management of MHE
Management of Health and Safety and Work Regulations 1999, was established to protect the wellbeing of employees and those who may be affected by the actions of their employers.
Did you know?
- In 2015 there was around 1000 serious injuries involving lift trucks, and in 2016 this increased to 1300*.
- 3 people are hospitalised every day in the UK as a result of lift truck accidents.
- 57% of the accidents are to Pedestrians in and around Lift trucks.
(*Stats provided by the FLTA)
Jungheinrich offer a selection of training courses specifically for improving the safety culture from your work force.
A safer workforce is also more productive and most companies will see a cost saving in a reduction of stock or truck damage.
- Manager & Supervisor of FLT Awareness – 1 day course.
- Operator and Warehouse Awareness – ½ day course.
- ISM Online Fleet Management Training – 1 day course.
We also offer a selection of accredited manager/supervisor training courses.
Other courses / bespoke
Jungheinrich training solutions can offer a wide range of courses suited to all your warehouse requirements, such as:
- Rope Escape
- MEWP (Scissor Lift and Boom Access Platforms)
- Overhead cranes
- Tow Tugs
- Heavy Plant
- Manual Handling
- First Aid
- Fire Marshall
Contact training solutions
Training solutions department